Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MSP430 MSPGCC Debugging in Eclipse: Variable miss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamthemik3

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,
First time posting here since my usual forums don't really specialize in this area so I figured I'd give you guys a shot.
I have been slowly chipping away at getting MSPGCC and MSPDebug working with Eclipse and i'm 99% there except for one odd hangup. When debugging, Eclipse doesn't seem to be able to calculate the correct address for local variables (when displayed in the variables window). Global variables seem to be fine since they always have an absolute address. Local ones, which depend on the value of the stack pointer, are off by a few. (If I force a local variable into a CPU register, it works fine)
For example: lets say I declare a variable "x" in a function. Viewing how the code addresses the variable in disassembly, i deduce that the address of '"x" is 0x027A. However when i type "&x" in the expressions pane to get what Eclipse "thinks" the address is, i get 0x0286.
Otherwise, programs run completely fine. It seems like the issue is somewhere in Eclipse and that it doesn't seem to be handling the stack pointer properly when debugging.
Any ideas? I'm completely stumped

Status
Not open for further replies.