Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

.mp4 to readable format converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

flatulent

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
.mp4 converter

I have been given a .mp4 file and cannot play it on my computer or DVD video system. Can anyone suggest a free or low cost converter program that can convert this to some format that a home video DVD player can recognize?

Re: .mp4 converter

Try format factory. It is a free download **broken link removed**

Dowload Free video converter from "www.koyotesoft.com" with this, you can convert the .mp4 to any format. If your DVD player is having a USB socket, conert the given file to .avi and save it on a thumbdrive and view it on the player. If not you may write the .avi file through Nero or any such burning software on a DVDR and view it on TV...Cheers

For those of you with an unusual sense of humor and knowledge of the famous British literature saying, "the best efforts of mice and men frequently go astray":

Here is a recent history of my activities. After many hours of chasing my tail, I finally found the 2x solution. I used the program in the first reply and made .MPG and .AVI file conversions. Then to hedge my bets I burned both into a DVD using the bland, ordinary ISO method as if I were going to archive the two files.

Then I put the DVD into my home DVD player and lo and behold one of the files( I know not which, and who cares if my goal was achieved) showed up on the monitor screen. I did the down function on the remote until this entity was highlighted and the pressed play. Presto! I was able to watch it.

Thanks to the two responders. I was able to waste an hour or two with bland-mindless monitor watching.

For the younger generation, one of my US friends tells me that several decades ago the television set was described as "the boob tube" by the remainder of the US citizens with a molecule of brain cells.

Status
Not open for further replies.