Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Moving to DipTrace for my project

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlmart

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In spite of being quite an intuitive set of programs, I decided to move back to DipTrace for the design of my pcb project.

The program has a better tutorial and I could move from schematic to pcb on my first try, which I couldn't do on Proteus, which is what I was using before.

DipTrace is also supposed to dialogue better with Altium, which would be my program of choice if you didn't need at least a month to design something with it. A month I do not have now.

So DipTrace it is. I already designed part of the schematics, the first stage, and already have a ratsnest to deal with, converting it to pcb traces in two layers.

If there are any DipTrace users around, please chime in. One thing that puzzles me is that some connections vanished on the conversion, and I wonder why, so any comments on why such things may happen, or how to avoid them, are welcome. I have to continue drawing the schematic, so I would like to know more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back