Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Moving a PC application to an Embedded Platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

omara007

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi folks ..
I'm trying to implement a compression algorithm written in C++ for Windows/Intel platform on an Embedded Processor (Tensilica 545ck). Trying to compile the files, I faced a problem with <memory.h> include file, which is supported on windows platform and not supported for the embedded one. What should I do to compensate this problem ?

I dont know if your embedded platform supports memory management. memory.h maybe the memory management libraray. You can open this and see what functions are called and if you can replace these with yours

tensilica 545ck is a dsp core,so it have no mmu and cache.

In your C++ program, comment out the "memory.h" line then compile. You will get errors which will tell you which functions are using "memory.h". Those are the ones you need to re-write for your embedded platform.

AA Mohamed,
1- Try to compile it after commenting this include file
2- Some errors will appear for functions defined in this header file
3- For errors related to this header file you must check what these functions are doing, try to find alternatives on your platform, & write extra code if needed(hope you do not need to do this step of writing extra code)
Regards,
Amr Ali

Well, I face the same problem in my work as I write embedded applications but to test them for run time errors I have to run them on a tool which only run on Linux so here is what I do. First I remove these includes from my project which cause some errors (mostly definitions of functions or variables such a NULL and so on) then I fix theses errors by defining the missing variables or writing extra code to do the missing functionality (some times looking at the contents of the original file help)

AA,
Well, I face the same problem in my work as I write embedded applications but to test them for run time errors I have to run them on a tool which only run on Linux so here is what I do. First I remove these includes from my project which cause some errors (mostly definitions of functions or variables such a NULL and so on) then I fix theses errors by defining the missing variables or writing extra code to do the missing functionality (some times looking at the contents of the original file help)
IS this tool for free?
Regards,
Amr Ali

memory.h contains the mmu functions. You have to implement them wrt your hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back