Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] Raspberry pi alternative hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

highwingers

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I wrote a python application which runs on my Raspberry pi Zero. I want to take this application to next level and start selling it.

Problem is, Raspberry pi is a development board and Quantity is very limited to order.

what are my options here? I am a Software Engineer, my knowledge in Micro Chips is very limited.

I need following features on the chip

1 - Wifi
2 - Linux OS (Debian or Similiar)

I dont know where to start. Please advise.

Raspberry Pi devices are sold in their millions and used widely as embedded controllers in all kinds of applications. What do you mean by "Raspberry pi is a development board and Quantity is very limited to order."?

Brian.

Mr Brian, Find me a website where I can order lets say 50 raspberry pi zero's (forget about 5000). Good Luck.

with 20,000+ RPi4 in stock and more on back order. They ship World wide with distributors in many countries.

Around 1,000 in stock.

Farnell (aka Newark in the US) are the main distributors. The factory that actually makes them is in my country, Wales.

Brian.

with 20,000+ RPi4 in stock and more on back order. They ship World wide with distributors in many countries.

Around 1,000 in stock.

Farnell (aka Newark in the US) are the main distributors. The factory that actually makes them is in my country, Wales.

Brian.
Thank you for sharing great resources. it seems like "Rapid online" does not have "Zero W" in Stock (its in uk anway).
Farnell is great for Other Raspberry pi's besides Raspberry pi zero.

The best option is to design it's development board with the help of electronics engineering and then increase your business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back