Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] programing of Atmega8l 8pu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amar0246.jpg
This is
Mini AVR ISP programer

- - - Updated - - -

And the version of AVR studio 4.18

- - - Updated - - -

Pls help me. I m sending the image of error comming during work

- - - Updated - - -

Amar0244.jpgamar0245.jpg

The error doesn't help me understand what is wrong.

V4.18 doesn't include the compiler, you either have to install winavr or the Atmel toolchain

Also I don't think your programmer is supported to be used from AVR studio, you probably need to use a different front end and avrdude.

but I have install the winavr and avr studio provided by the avr retail shop with the programer.

- - - Updated - - -

I have also install the win avr 20100110.

- - - Updated - - -

But it is compiling the progarm... I can"t understand what to do?

I don't think you can program the chip flash using the studio interface, is you programmer supported in studio?
I only know it supports the Atmel programmers.

Before installing AVR Studio WinAVR is also to be installed as far as I understand, worth checking.
If the Code is compiling this does not apply, hence be ignored.

Last edited:
if your programmer is not supported in studio the you have to use an external program.

hey my dear friend I have also concern to the programer provider. and it came to that he gave me Progisp instead of avrisp........ so I think due to this my device was connecting with avr studio 4. What is ur openion about it.?

I have not used it because I have a AVRISP MKII which works using the studio interface and UPBASP used with avrdude

okey.. it works with progisp...... Thax for the information.

hi my dear friends.
I m trying to program Atmega8l by progisp 1.72 . But here I m facing a problem. When I connect the programer to the laptop ...... The lap detect it and the icon of ProgIsp is highlighted. but when I attached the Atmega 8l to it and give READ Command. The chip enable program Error is comming. I have made all the connection very well according to progISP requriment i.e. [Bold]ISP PIN MCU PIN
1 MOSI
2 VCC
3 XTAL (9)
4,6,8 No Connection
5 RESET (1)
7 SCK
9 MISO
10 Ground
Please can u help me on this topic. I m in the big confusion. One thing I would like to tell you that I have attached this MCU in my circuit but power suply is off. Till then the error is comming. [/Bold]

- - - Updated - - -

hi my dear friends.
I m trying to program Atmega8l by progisp 1.72 . But here I m facing a problem. When I connect the programer to the laptop ...... The lap detect it and the icon of ProgIsp is highlighted. but when I attached the Atmega 8l to it and give READ Command. The chip enable program Error is comming. I have made all the connection very well according to progISP requriment i.e.
[Bold]ISP PIN MCU PIN
1 MOSI (17)
2 VCC(7)
3 XTAL (9)
4,6,8 No Connection
5 RESET (1)
7 SCK (19)
9 MISO (18)
10 Ground(8,22)
Please can u help me on this topic. I m in the big confusion. One thing I would like to tell you that I have attached this MCU in my circuit but power suply is off. Till then the error is comming. [/Bold]

- - - Updated - - -

hi my dear friends.
I m trying to program Atmega8l by progisp 1.72 . But here I m facing a problem. When I connect the programer to the laptop ...... The lap detect it and the icon of ProgIsp is highlighted. but when I attached the Atmega 8l to it and give READ Command. The chip enable program Error is comming. I have made all the connection very well according to progISP requriment i.e...............
[Bold]ISP PIN.......................MCU PIN
1 .................................. MOSI
2 ................................ VCC
3 ............................. XTAL (9)
4,6,8 .............................No Connection
5 .................................RESET (1)
7 ...................................SCK
9 ................................... MISO
10 ................................. Ground

- - - Updated - - -

hi my dear friends.
I m trying to program Atmega8l by progisp 1.72 . But here I m facing a problem. When I connect the programer to the laptop ...... The lap detect it and the icon of ProgIsp is highlighted. but when I attached the Atmega 8l to it and give READ Command. The chip enable program Error is comming and after that unknown device or usb derive is not successfully installed error come. I have made all the connection very well according to progISP requriment i.e...............
[Bold]ISP PIN.......................MCU PIN
1 .................................. MOSI (17)
2 ................................ VCC (7)
3 ............................. XTAL (9)
4,6,8 .............................No Connection
5 .................................RESET (1)
7 ...................................SCK (19)
9 ................................... MISO (18)
10 ................................. Ground (8,22)

- - - Updated - - -

PL read last one update. upper updates contains less information.

hi dear friend. I have solve the above program error.
But now here is one problem,................
during the compiling and built the program error is comming, can any one help me how to remove the error.. the error is...
make: *** No rule to make target `amar', needed by `elf'. Stop.
Build failed with 1 errors and 0 warnings...

MCU.png
This is my general diagram of project. But I m using Atmega8L-8pu instead of Atmega8

Status
Not open for further replies.