Not open for further replies.

other-side-of-d-moon

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi bro's, please help me

i attached this photo to check it. see the selected point 8.7780 for 1% exceeded of time. how can i get the rainfall rate mm/hr.

tq

Last edited:

Re: Please HELP me Guys how to convert rain exceeded time to Rainfall rate

The chart is saying that 1% of the time the rainfall rate exceeds 8.778 mm/hr.

This location gets alot of rainfall, generally rains over 50 mm/hr are considered very heavy (torrential) storms.

that is correct But how could i get the value of 0.0001 % of the time.

please help

Your chart goes up to 0.001%.

0.0001% of a year is approximately 30 seconds.

Usually these charts are used to estimate fade margins or availability over the course of a year. It's generally understood that these are estimates, and +-30 seconds over the course of an entire year seems like it would be in the noise. Is there a reason why you need such precise numbers?

All i need is how to convert from 500 mm/24hour to get the time exceeded 0.01% of the time in mm/hr.

All i need is how to convert from 500 mm/24hour to get the time exceeded 0.01% of the time in mm/hr.

There's not enough information to do that. The 500 mm could be a gentle rain all day, or a thunderstorm for a couple hours or any combination of the two. The chart in your first post has the rain rate information though, is this for a different problem?

Tnx pstuckey..

what should i do to convert 500 mm/hr to get 0.01%.

what is the parameters should be given to conver it?? is there such a formula to do so ??

tq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…