Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[MOVED] PIC 18f97j60 issue in transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommy92

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi I am using the Pic 18f97j60 in my project.In that project I am interfacing the 18 Bit DAC with the MicroController .For sending the data to DAC I am converting the 8 Bit data from the Microcontroller to 18 Bit data then I am separating that 18 bit to (2 BYTE + 2 BIT).My doubt is that how to convert that 2 Bit data in to 8 Bit data for transmission ..
Please help me with the suitable example for this particular PIC

Protocol:SPI

Hi I am using the Pic 18f97j60 in my project.In that project I am interfacing the 18 Bit DAC with the MicroController .For sending the data to DAC I am converting the 8 Bit data from the Microcontroller to 18 Bit data then I am separating that 18 bit to (2 BYTE + 2 BIT).My doubt is that how to convert that 2 Bit data in to 8 Bit data for transmission ..
Please help me with the suitable example for this particular PIC

Protocol:SPI

My doubt is that how to convert that 2 Bit data in to 8 Bit data for transmission ..

so, you need decoder logic for to convert that 2 Bit data in to 8 Bit data

Your data is like this 10 11001100 00110011? 2 + 8 + 8 bits? What do you mean by conversion of the two most significant bits to 8 bits? In a variable the last two bits will be stored as 00000010 which is 8 bits.
Will you send data serially? Are you not feeding the 18 bits to DAC?

ya ya I am sending the data serially from PIC. So, we need to send in 8+8+8 format only.. My doubt is I dont know how to append the 2bits(MSB) into 8 bits.. I need to send 18 bits to DAC. But how can i send it from PIC which sends 8 bits at a time?

Is your DAC a serial DAC i.e., it takes input serially? If yes, have you connected DAC input to Tx pin of PIC? Are you splitting the 18 bits into 2 8 bits and 2 bits and storing the 8 bits in seperate variable before sending serially? The smallest variable char type is a byte sized variable and if you store any value between 0-255 in a char it will be8 bits only. If you store binary 11 or decimal 3 or hex 3 in char it will be stored as 00000011 which is 8 bits. If you have first byte in byte1 and second byte in byte2 and 3rd byte in byte3, you send each variable serially one after another.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.