Not open for further replies.

cristian#93

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!
I'm new to HFSS and I have to simulate a microstrip GPS antenna with circular polarization with frequency equal to 1575 MHz.
Using various math formulas I managed to determine the physical dimmensions of the patch ,such as the length and the width.
I decided to use an inset feed technique to obtain the 50 ohms input impedance,again determined the width and the introuding length of the microstrip line.
I designed the substrate, the ground plane, the conducting plane and the inset microstrip line.
I placed the waveport along the side of the substrate, beneath the microstrip line and from this point starts my problem.
I made the setup for the simulation session and also designed the air box.

I don't know how to feed the antenna.Or, I should say, i don't know how to set up the feed.
What to select: waveport,lumped ,terminal...and the according space components.

I tried something but i get this error:
[error] Boundary Setup: An excitation must be defined in order to solve driven problems. (9:39:27 dec. 03, 2014)
[error] Simulation completed with execution error on server: Local Machine. (9:39:27 dec. 03, 2014)
[error] Port refinement, process hf3d error: Too few conductors were found on port 1. There should be one conductor for each terminal, with one additional reference conductor. Unintentional contact between conductors may cause this error.. (10:17:11 dec. 03, 2014)
[error] Simulation completed with execution error on server: Local Machine. (10:17:11 dec. 03, 2014)

I'm very confused and stressed out.
Some help would be more than well-comed.
I'm attaching my work untill this point so we can discuss on known facts,if you are willing to.
Thank you for your time.
Have a good day.
View attachment microstrip antenna.zip

Re: Microstrip Antenna Simulation Issue

anyone,please?

Re: Microstrip Antenna Simulation Issue

Hi!
Thank you for replying me.
I managed to create something and to obtain some results but there are far from what I asked to do.
I have a school project and I have to finish it soon.I started to work on it a long time ago, took it from scratch: documentation,books,software, maths ...
I also tried to design my antenna in a similar way as the one described in the tutorial but I think I made some mistakes somewhere and it lead me to some wrong figures and I droped it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…