Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] Make a small toroidal winder and need feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toroidal winder man

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have manufactured this small very simple toroidal winder and in honesty, it will be my honor to hear any kind of advice on the improvement of this particular machine! I have a few friends that have advise to remove the system to hold the magazine "Bobbin Holder" for a hook type, but any kind of criticism will help me to have a better machine.
I will be posting a video showing the machine with the new counter with in the week so any body can see the details about the assemble and insertion of the toroid in the Magazine ring "Bobbin Holder.

I suggest:
1. add a counter so you know how many turns you have wound on the core.
2. two small posts in side the toroid core to help you hold it in place, one each side of the 'winder'.
3. You stop each turn of the core to move the start of the wire out of the way, why not fit a shield under the wire bobbin instead.

Brian.

Well Betwixt, I have right now one that actually have those two items installed.
I like the counter an all, it works ok but I'm working on the other counter that you can see in my album. it have a voltage meter counter and a switch to go Up & Down the count..and but of course a reset button. but I have to be honest I have to find a better way to make the wire stay in the same place. don't get me wrong...it works quite fine. but sadly I'm a perfectionist!!

This was the first test of the new machine, it have a hall sensor that I use to actuate the counter. and as many of you would be able to see, I chose the incorrect location to make the video, that is the reason because the transformer look so badly made! I hope to make a few in a more comfortable place and make them look more professional.

Last edited by a moderator:

Can you give me winding calculation detail?
Thanks

Well there is a very simple equation that give you the turns per volt in the case of simple transformer applications.. but once you start to use "Ferrite Cores" that have different level of magnetic permeation you are in for a hole ball of wax I could spend a long time explaining what and how is done but I rather give you a link to a video that is where a few friends posted all the detail data related to wire current capacity, and all of that stuff and in that way you can do anything that you may need.

I hope that this information is useful and that you can put it to a good use. thanks for watching my humble thread and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back