Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved]LNA(Low Noise Amplifier) Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronhole

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I need to design a differential Low-Noise Amplifier (LNA) using the IBM 90nm CMOS process with f0= 2.3 to 2.6GHz, Differential Rin= 100Ω; S11 < -15dB, Voltage gain ≥20 dB, NF ≤2dB, IIP3 ≥-5dBm.
can any one help how to proceed with the design meeting all the contrains with minimum power.

Re: LNA(Low Noise Amplifier) Design

I don't think this falls under "elementary" questions :0)

okay.. so anyone with any solution/approach..

Looks like researchers have done this already using a Cascode amplifier, but copywrite protected.

Characteristics Value @ 2.45GHz
Current consumption 12.5mA
S 21 11dB
S 11 -34dB
S 22 -29dB
-S 12 42dB
NF 2.5dB
IIP3 1.0dBm

please help...
i am meeting all other specs except the S11
when i am trying to achive the require S11 over the band, i have to decrease the input Q of the circuit and this in turn increases the NF beyond 2dB.. what to do...

please help...
i am meeting all other specs except the S11
when i am trying to achive the require S11 over the band, i have to decrease the input Q of the circuit and this in turn increases the NF beyond 2dB.. what to do...

You cannot obtain NFmin and best S11 simultaneously.There is a always a compromise between these two.You may use a mathcing circuit after NF matching circuitry.

Status
Not open for further replies.