Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] Liquid level sensing with weight or infrared sensor without touching

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliraza786

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello group members. i need your kind suggestion. i have to measure the weight of a contain full of liquid continuously, and when the liquid level is lowers then the preset limit it will turn on the alarm.
Condition is i cannot touch the liquid.
Now two options.
1) weigh sensor
2) infrared sensor
problem with weight sensor is that if the weight is continuously on it then with the passage of time it will be become less accurate. correct me if i am wrong.
2ndly i need your suggestion about little infrared liquid sensor which is as little as possible and can sense the level of liquid from 1 meter above.

Re: Liquid level sensing with weight sensor or with infrared sensor without touching.

Hi, I'm new here, and no sure if my suggestion would be used.
I would go down the IR route, as it not as difficult as you think.
One of the companies that I work for used pulsed IR to detect fluid flow in pipes up to 2Mtr, and it worked very successfully.
The secret is choosing the correct IR transmitter and IR receiver (diode or tranistor).
I use IR for sensing the level of liquid in opaque bottles.

Re: Liquid level sensing with weight sensor or with infrared sensor without touching.

Use US020 Ultrasonic sensor to detect liquid level. I have done a Fluid Level Monitoring System with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Calculate weight of liquid based on containers dimension and liquid level.

@milan rajik

Any liquid? water, petrol??

Yes, any liquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back