Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[MOVED]how to make an LDO with 3.6V output from 4~5V input?

Status
Not open for further replies.

allennlowaton

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello guys..
Is it possible to make an LDO with an output of 3.6V from a 4~5V input?
I have done an LDO before but that was with a fixed input.
I want to try this time with a varying input.

Thanks..

Re: how to make an LDO with 3.6V output from 4~5V input?

sure but depending on the LDO used you need to have the a minimum input-output voltage difference
For example LM1117 has fixed voltage versions and a variable version, the voltage drop in the datasheet is about 1.2v so for 3.6v output you need 4.8v input
You can probably find other LDO with lower minimum in/out voltage drop.

**broken link removed**

Alex

thanks.
I will put the LDO on chip. 1.2V drop out is unacceptable in my application.
100mV to 200MV dropout is what I need.

I assume you are designing an IC (in which case this thread is in the wrong forum). It is perfectly possible to design a regulator with a variable input - that is the normal case. If you have already designed an LDO I don't know why you are concerned about a variable input. You simply need to ensure the devices used can work at the input voltage.

Keith

thanks for the reminder, keith...
I always made the mistake of posting here about IC. It should be on the other forum.

Usually Dropout voltage calculated with respect to current output of the device.
If you required High current output proportionally dropout voltage also increases.
You are not designing an ASIC IC you can choose TPS73133DBVT which is from texas instr.,

thanks for the reminder, keith...
I always made the mistake of posting here about IC. It should be on the other forum.

I will move it.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back