Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[MOVED] how to choose Raspberry for an emdedded Linux operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRO

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
I want to do some quite advanced graphic interfacing for embedded systems. I have been fetching information for a while
and, afterwards, i learnt that what i want to do is possible if i use embedded linux on a Raspberry pi.
The graphic interface that i want to develop is very specific and very close to the way a personnal computer
does display (frames, windows and all ). That is the reason why i chosed and embedded OS.
But i don't really know how to do it. So does anyone has an Idea of the steps i should follow in order to succeed (how do i choose the card
, what is the most important part, and what will be the most important point i should focus on and not miss).
I would be very thankful if you helped.

Thanks, DRO.

The Pi has an HDMI interface that should work for you?

Reactions: DRO

DRO

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Yes i have seen it, but there are two things:
The first one is that i will be using and embedded LCD TFT screen with a
touch-pad layer. So i won't necessary use the HDMI.
The second is that i absolutely don't know how the Rasberry Works. Is it like a Micro controller
in which the bytecode is launched via a PC? or do we use and External Jtag Programmer?
How do we embed the Os in it? and once the OS is embedded how do you do?
thank you very much for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back