[Moved]: how to change fsdb to ascii file format???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jupiter_2900

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone
i was looking for a tool to give me a power waveform and i end up to prime time px, but i can not find fsdb2ns to change fsdb file format to ascii format, so i try to change fsdb file format to vcd with synopsys fsdb2vcd and try to change result vcd to wlf file format with model sim but i don't know why modelsim can not read wlf file format and its error is " no context information "
i think vcd file format that is generated with primetime is not compatible with modelsim vcd file format. how can i change fsdb file format to readable one ?????
plz help this is drive me crazy

thanks

Most waveform viewers will convert fsdb to VCD or ascii : Nwave/Cscope .... VCD is a standard so if PT is generating VCD file it has to be compatible with any other tool.

hi
this Nwave is one of the synopsys tools ? i have install synopsys tools but i can not find this Nwave you said, is there any free wave viewer to see this fsdb file format ? can i have something like CSV file format to plot the result waveforms ?

tnx

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…