Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved]: how to change fsdb to ascii file format???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jupiter_2900

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone
i was looking for a tool to give me a power waveform and i end up to prime time px, but i can not find fsdb2ns to change fsdb file format to ascii format, so i try to change fsdb file format to vcd with synopsys fsdb2vcd and try to change result vcd to wlf file format with model sim but i don't know why modelsim can not read wlf file format and its error is " no context information "
i think vcd file format that is generated with primetime is not compatible with modelsim vcd file format. how can i change fsdb file format to readable one ?????
plz help this is drive me crazy

thanks

Most waveform viewers will convert fsdb to VCD or ascii : Nwave/Cscope .... VCD is a standard so if PT is generating VCD file it has to be compatible with any other tool.

hi
this Nwave is one of the synopsys tools ? i have install synopsys tools but i can not find this Nwave you said, is there any free wave viewer to see this fsdb file format ? can i have something like CSV file format to plot the result waveforms ?

tnx

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back