Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[MOVED] Designing a stepper motor controller NEED URGENT HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmed Malik

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have to design a stepper motor controller circuit in which i enter the number of degrees i want the motor to rotate CW or CCW. (input can be in binary). The entered input number of degrees can be a multiple of the degrees in one step of the motor.
Please help me in designing this circuit. I dont know much about stepper motors and their working. Thank you

For understanding Working of stepper motors prefer following page::
**broken link removed**

if you need more insight then read this::
gyan.fragnel.ac.in/~dileep/stepperworking.pdf‎

To drive a Stepper motor you need to have large current but controller doesn't have ability to source more than 25~30 ma current. So, you need motor driver (ULN2003A) is best for driving stepper motor.

I would advise a unipolar stepper motor with 5 leads to be used with UN2003 / 2803.

This sounds like an open loop controller. If the motor misses a step, you need some mechanism for the motor and the software to get into step again (sorry about the pun), this can happen when you first turn ON if the motor is not sitting at zero degrees. So the first bit of your software, could be to run the motor to the zero degrees position, which closes a switch to tell the processor to go to the main loop.
Frank

Which stepper motor you are using Unipolar or Bipolar???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back