Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[MOVED] Could you please suggest an interesting name for a tech company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pradeep_k_b

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I need a good name for a tech company,I am looking for a unused,not taken and catchy name.The company will be an electronics R&D company.Could you please suggest some names?..It can be English names,or any other language names or a mixed one...
Looking forward to hearing from you all...I prefer a unique names like Goalzero,verizon etc

Regards,

Pradeep

Unused is tricky. A common way to try to come up with names which are "unique" is to join two or more words together e.g. Powerelectec or pick the name of an obscure Greek deity such as Hyperion. Maybe mix the two - Hyperiontech.

Keith

Yeah,you are correct.and i'm looking for a unique name because a unique name will always give better sesult in google search..or simply it make SEO easier... ..the name 'goalzero' is an interesting....two simple words 'goal' and 'zero'...its unique and catchy..i'm looking for a name like this. .there are already a lot of names starting with 'power' ,so i think its better to try something else:)..if you don't mind could you please suggest some names...?

- - - Updated - - -

And i'm also interested in names that are related with some ancient electrical devices names or anicent scientists names...:)..i think if i get a 'unique' name like that,that will be really awesome

- - - Updated - - -

'hyperion' is already in use:)

Just a "me too"
I've just done this again myself.
It's becoming really difficult to come up with a usable name online and it's not made any easier
by companies buying up every word in the dictionary and anything else they can think of just to sit on
and sell at absurd rates. They shouldnt be allowed to charge more than the standard registration fee.
That may get them to release the unused names.

@Keith..thank you very much for sharing the link

@Jack...:)..Yeah,I think 90% of words in the dictionary are already used as company name:)..I have tried a lot to find out a name by combining different words,but its not easy..:)...

For a web site you can use initials. For example, if you become EpiphronDesign Ltd then you may find EDLTD.com is free although EpiphronDesign.com is probably free as well, it is just a lot of typing.

Keith

epiphrondesign.com is available,but that is a long name and here we should add 'technologies,industries etc' with the name with respect to the function...so the name will looks like 'epiphrondesign technologies'..that is too long:)

hi,my intention is silic-con technolgies (silicon technology) because you prefer the name start from s right it may be helpful for you

Also, the word "con" is not a great one on which to base you company name ;-) "verb:persuade (someone) to do or believe something by lying to them." "noun: an instance of deceiving or tricking someone."

You also need to be careful that the name doesn't have another meaning in other languages.

Keith

Just a suggestion. try something like saavytechniks,
hypertech,
hypertronics,
techyve,
orizon.

@Keith...You are correct...and I have already tried using 'business name generator'.....but most of them are just generating a combination of letters..we can't say it as 'word':)...just some random combination of letters only....also have searched in google with some keywords like "cool words,unused english words,ancient engish words'etc etc..:)

@kabaleevisu..okay..thank you very much

@shegzzyy...the word 'hyper' is already in use..:)..hypertech sollutions,hypertech syatems..etc etc

still scratching my head for you -

epitech
epicontrols
ephrontech

I've done this, got lucky I suppose. What I suggest to you is
pulling together all of the "aspirational" words, and words that
describe what your enterprise will do, and then set about
concatenating the "chunks" in ways that appeal to your sense
of what you want to communicate, and then start Googling.
I was surprised to find that my first pick had -zero- Google
hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.