Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] a mouse click from my circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mihir08

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am making a 555-Ldr based circuit to go to the next slide on power point presentation when i point a
laser to the ldr . i am geting a logic high when i do so. now how can make my mouse click or simulate ? a mechnical or simpler way would be to use a solenoid or sumthing similar and place right over my mouse . bt i want to do this using parallel port ,, please help New Bitmap Image (2).JPG

The DIY section is only to show designs not to ask for solution to a problem [alexan_e]

The simplest way is to use "old" mouse
and connect the relay output contacts with wires parallel to the mouse micro-switch .

you have two options.....
1). Instead of parallel port you can use serial port to do this. For that you will need a microcontroller that detects when you are pointing the laser at LDR. And on detecting this, it will simulate mouse click using RS-232 mouse protocol.
2).If you want to use parallel port, you have to write a software that can simulate mouse click in OS when you detect bit change on any 1 of 8 data bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.