Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mouse controlled by arduino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhuvanesh123

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to control my pc mouse action from arduino board ,i already did this with help of matlab. But now i want to do this without any helping software ,i want it like plug and use. Is there anyway to do so?

I think you can do it with some of the fancy arduinos that comes with an AVR with it's own USB embedded... I think the Arduino Leonardo is made for that kind of stuff,

what you are looking for is to make your own HID mouse with that microcontroller
a quick googling spit me these results

https://arduino.cc/en/Guide/ArduinoLeonardoMicro?from=Guide.ArduinoLeonardo#toc5

https://cal-eng.com/?page_id=579

if you don't have those arduinos, but still can get a hold to an AVR USB development board, look for a HID mouse in LUFA or the AVR USB stack.

finally if you dare to do it bare hands, look for the V_USB hid examples, you can program a small AVR (like an ATmega8) to work at low speed USB, which is ideal for a HID mouse (but it's very complex compared to the other solutions)

most of theses are mere examples, (maybe moving your mouse in a circular fashion) that you need to program to do your specific task...

Hello!

It depends on the interface. If you want to get mouse events from an Arduino board, that might be tricky.

Many processors have a _device_ USB, which means that you can easily make a device that
connects to a PC. But among these processors, many cannot be host. If a processor cannot
be host, then it will be difficult.
-> You can program that processor to behave like a mouse, for example you use the XY accelerometer
of some board to simulate a mouse and you can move that mouse with the board inclination.
But you will have a hard time programming your device to be a host. I wouldn't say it's not possible,
maybe it is, but I guess if it's possible anyway it's not easy.

NB: an easier method would be to try to find an old mouse when mouse were not USB. In this case, it
might be a lot easier to interface because it's a kind of spi devce (2 wires other than VCC and ground:
one clock, one data).

Dora

Status
Not open for further replies.