Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mounting a circuit board in a case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzy

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I build this board but what I realized is that I cut the board exactly to the border meaning I didnt leave any extra space where no circuit would be so that I can bore the board to mount it. I havent assembled the parts as yet but I plan to build a metal frame and I am wondering how I would mount it because I would have to bore holes through the outer traces and it would touch the frame of the case and I am wondering if that is ok or It would short out the circuit or shock, or I am wondering if I have to use some form of plastic bushings.

- - - Updated - - -

You need to use insulated mounting hardware.

Reactions: Enzy

Enzy

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Silicone glue.

Better to cut a thin slot on the mounting posts (plastic or metal) and mount the PCB by the edges. If this a decent FR4 board, this will hold nicely. For some particular (not so sure) reason, I do not like boards that has been glued!!

Take a look on the Web on "plastic pcb card guide" and will find something useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back