Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motor for Guitar Tuner

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Fleertz

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey Folks,
I am currently working on a project to make an automatic guitar tuner and I need to buy a DC servo motor. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for motors that would have enough torque and be easily driven using a PIC16f887 and an H-bridge. No RC servos or stepper motors are allowed.
Thanks!

Its a gearbox thing, any electric motor would do providing its always starts and its revs/torque are matched by gears to the tuning knobs requirements. To try and do it without gears would give you a very large motor which would be difficult to mount/connect to the tuning head. A compact motor would be one that is used in model electric trains, about 15mm square X 50mm long, 12V @.5 A?.
I was thinking of how you could do this, suppose you measured the frequency, then pulsed the motor on for 100 mS, and measured the delta frequency, and repeated it a couple of times you could then work out the delta F v. motor on time, then run the motor for the required time, then repeat for a time of 10mS, for correction.
Looks like a very mechanical project to me!
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.