Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motor Control (rev and ffd) Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandpv2009

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Motor Control Help

Is there any way to control reverse and forward the speed of dc motor using microcontroller.

I am searching for this circuit, anyone have any idea?

Or

any isolating ICs available like ULN2003 (not uln2003 because i need high output when input from MC is high and low when i/p is low)

Re: Motor Control Help

u can use L298 4A H-bridge driver
don't forget to click on helped me

Hi,

Most pics have PWM that is designed to drive dc brush, servo and stepper motors etc etc.

Microchip have loads of app notes on them, and there is loads on the web.

Here is a simple example in 18F assembler - it loops round increasing and decreasing the speed - reversing is quiet easy.

The ULN chips can handle and small motors of up to 500 ma - again plenty of cicuits on the web and these forums.

Motor Control Help

you can build H-bridge using 4 transistors BJT or MOSFET, google H-bridge and you will find its design, also check IC L293, may be available in your market.

yes, it is available
price is Rs.60/-

anandpv2009 said:
Is there any way to control reverse and forward the speed of dc motor using microcontroller.

I am searching for this circuit, anyone have any idea?

Or

any isolating ICs available like ULN2003 (not uln2003 because i need high output when input from MC is high and low when i/p is low)

I think now you know about H-Bridge configuration
U can use TIP122, TIP127 transistors for four switch for changing the polarity of the DC motor to rotate in two directions.
And use PWM to control the speed of the motor like give a square wave to the motor and write two delay one for ON time and One for OFF time make OFF time delay bigger and ON time smaller it will reduce the speed of your motor.
thanx
If u have any ques pls inform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back