Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Most preferred process for WCDMA applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0hn

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

For PA in WCDMA applications, which process is more preferrd, CMOS, SiGe HBT or GaAs?

What are the today trend for modulation schemes and spec for WCDMA?

Thanks

Any link that enable me to do my finding?

Re: WCDMA applications?

GaAs is the most suitable for a linear and efficient RF power amplifier. But in the same time is the most expensive process.

Most of the WCDMA PA’s on the market still use a standard linear amplification, and sometimes using adaptive bias or a DC/DC converter on Vcc to improuve the efficiency at low power.

WCDMA applications?

It seems that only SiliconLabs release a commercial PA with CMOS, besides, it's a nonlinear one.....
Since the square characteristics if I-V, the linearity of cmos PA is quite bad so that it's not suitable for WCDMA......

For a stand-alone PA, maybe the GaAs is the most mature one.

The advantage of SiGe BiCMOS is that it can be integrated with other blocks(transceiver/baseband...)

WCDMA applications?

yeah till now , all the WCDMA PA is GaAs
check the RFMD , Anadigics , and Triquent

khouly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back