Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MOSFET Overlap capacitance measurement

Status
Not open for further replies.

engrak

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
overlap capacitance

can anybody tells how to extract MOSFET overlap capacitance?

mosfet capacitance measurement

engrak said:
can anybody tells how to extract MOSFET overlap capacitance?

read BSIM3 manual under capacitance chapter....

basically, in order to get a good result, you should start with special test structure....

overlap capacitance measurement

i have special structure available like NMOS array of sizes 10x10 and 10X0.35 , but
i got two different values of overlap capacitance from these two sizes , but this can not possible is same process technology.so why two sizes are given? i measuring the overlap capacitance by using LCR meter.

mosfet capacitance measurements

engrak said:
i have special structure available like NMOS array of sizes 10x10 and 10X0.35 , but
i got two different values of overlap capacitance from these two sizes , but this can not possible is same process technology.so why two sizes are given? i measuring the overlap capacitance by using LCR meter.

the small length effect cause the differences..... normally, the overlap cap is charecterised by using 10/0.35 for ur case......

mosfet+capacitances measurement

i want to know the reason why short channel length array should use to calculate the overlap capacitance.

capacitance measurement of mosfet

engrak said:
i want to know the reason why short channel length array should use to calculate the overlap capacitance.

I am not sure what is exactly ur test structure looks like..... but if u use 10/10 array, then the test structure is very big in order to get a reasonable capacitance value from your measurement..... u hv to makesure the capacitance value from the easurement is much larger than system capacitance.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back