Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MOSFET IPL60R385CP Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy8

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
This is my first post.I am working on Flyback converter and using MOSFET "IPL60R385CP" in my circuit. The problem is, MOSFET blows up mostly after reaching to the current value of 300mA and current rushes to 2A after breaking the break down region.However Breakdown voltage for the mentioned MOSFET is 650V and its always less than breakdown voltage when it blows.
This is the main issue in my work.
I would appreciate suggestions and guidance
Thanks

What is the voltage between gate and source? There might be possibility that the mosfet wud be not fully turned ON.
To fully turn ON the power mosfet .the Vgs must be greater than 8v .
So ensure that whether the Vgs is greater than 8v or not..

Had you checked if device is operating under Safe Operating Area, as shown at page 7 of this datasheet ?
Also, are you protecting device a with snubber circuit ?

+++

What is the voltage between gate and source? There might be possibility that the mosfet wud be not fully turned ON.
To fully turn ON the power mosfet .the Vgs must be greater than 8v .
So ensure that whether the Vgs is greater than 8v or not..

My Vgs is 12Vpp.Supply voltage to drive gate driver is taken as 10V.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah..I have used snubber circuit.Currently using RC snubber(RC in series).

Status
Not open for further replies.