Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

More precise GERBER export from EAGLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

elektr0

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
eagle gerber

Hello,

as shown in the picture, my polygons are realised with single wires in the GERBER file.
Is there a possibility to force the GERBER_RS274X CAM job to use small wires for it ?

Thanks.

elektr0

eagle gerber export

I doubt this a problem with the gerber software, I reckon it is your settings for the polygon; reduce the wire width you draw your polygon with.

elektr0

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
brd to gerber

Thank you.
I hit the "helped me" button.

I use GERBER_RS274X to produce GERBER files automatically.
If I use the GERBER job, I can define the wheel file (aperture definitions).
For simple structures I can reduce this effect if I choose smaller apertures.
For the above structure it doesnt work.

EAGLE sucks, if I cannot define arbitrary wires...

eagle wheel file

So, thanks to Old Nick and QELEC.

The Cadsoft support provided a more precise GERBER export function.
I will post it in here. The text has to be copied into eagle.def from the bin folder.
With these CAM-jobs "GERBER_RS274X_25" and "GERBER_RS274X_26" the effects, described above are minimized (0.04 microns).

As a design guideline:
You should use WIRES to define the boarders of areas and Polygons to fill it (course)
Then, polygons with higher width can be used.

Anyway, the wires are a bit misplaced (difference between .brd and GERBER).
You need to use the "more precise" CAM jobs GERBER_RS274X_25/26.

I still have problems with my layout design. My GND areas do not connect GND areas from library elements, due to the specified minimum copper_to_copper distance in DRC. So I had to set it to 0mil, which is a workaround but not good style.

...elektr0

export gerber eagle

WOW...
why so many people use EAGLE?
GENESIS is not good?

RIPPLE
-------------
Professional PCB manufacturer from China
Provide 2-24 layer PCBs with High-Mix order with middle or small volume
Standard Printed Circuit Board Ltd.
(ISO9001 & ISO/TS 16949 & ISO14001 & UL)
www.standardpcb.com
E-mail: ripple@standardpcb.com
MSN:bobmiao2002@hotmail.com

export eagle gerber

elektr0 said:
Hello,

as shown in the picture, my polygons are realised with single wires in the GERBER file.
Is there a possibility to force the GERBER_RS274X CAM job to use small wires for it ?

Thanks.

elektr0

Use a thinner trace width when creating a polygon. As far as I can tell, EAGLE's default with is 16 mils. To change your existing polygon in EAGLE, use the change command, select the new width, and click on the polygon's border. You can make the width as small as you want, but be aware that narrower traces will result in large Gerber files.

-Dave Pollum
(I do freelance PCB design using EAGLE)

Added after 9 minutes:

elektr0 said:
I still have problems with my layout design. My GND areas do not connect GND areas from library elements, due to the specified minimum copper_to_copper distance in DRC. So I had to set it to 0mil, which is a workaround but not good style.

...elektr0

I use copper pours (polygons) that are connected to GND, all the time with no problems. Use name to name the polygon, and EAGLE will connect it to the GND pins of all of your parts. Perhaps I don't understand your question.
-Dave Pollum
(freelance EAGLE PCB designer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back