Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Monopole antenna over very small ground plane return loss improvement..

Status
Not open for further replies.

hozaifa

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I need little help here, I am simulating this dual band antenna from a reference paper, I have attached the original design return loss with ground plane of 200*150 mm, and the antenna itself is 9x6 mm. my job is to attach this antenna to 19x12 mm ground plane and add two more resonances to it, to cover wifi 6E band (2.4-2.48 & 5.15-7.125). after introducing the new ground plane I notice there is deeper return loss in the higher band (which is good)and very high return loss at 2.44 GHz band (refer to the attached plot)…can anyone explain to me why that happen ..?????? and how I could get better matching at 2.44 GHz in this case without affecting the other bands..???? and also the best ways to add the other two resonance at 6.16 GHz and also at 6.9 GHz or maybe one wide band resonance .. (refer to the attached plots) …???????????

Attachments

• antenna.PNG
    antenna.PNG
    526.6 KB · Views: 115
  • Input Impedance.PNG
    Input Impedance.PNG
    42.6 KB · Views: 110
  • Paper Return loss.PNG
    Paper Return loss.PNG
    144.7 KB · Views: 111
  • s11.PNG
    s11.PNG