Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Monitors goes off and makes weird noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arturs Valenieks

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've moved to new apartment and I noticed something very weird. My monitors displays started to turn off, but the little bulb still is on and then they start glitching. Shows white stripes, Something like an old tv. And sometimes its makes buzzing electricity noise from input of monitor and I think there sparks as well. My pc started to make blue screens( twice ). Im guessing its from bad electricity and would backup battery help?. How could something like this happen?

It sounds like bad power. Maybe you should measure your line voltage with a meter. A UPS MIGHT help, but if this is a continuous problem, you need to resolve that first. Where are you? Certain areas of some countries have notoriously bad power. Have you talked to your neighbors to see if they are also having issues?

I think
1: your HT Flay back has some problem, this may be due to some lossment especially check the flay back focus/screen adjustment variable.

Flyback.gif
2: check power supply main filter cap which should be rated at least 400V.
lcdtv1.jpg

3: Also check your AGP/VGA Card for overheating problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.