Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to Extend My Monitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmylee

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have two monitors a BenQ GW2470 and an HP 2211. I can duplicate the screens without issue, but once I try to extend the screen the taskbar disappears then constantly glitches in and out and the desktop icons do the same, also the second screen flickers to black constantly. The settings window I have open is not affected and allows me to return it to duplicate which stops the glitching. I have new cables one screen uses a dvi cable and the other uses hdmi both connected to the graphics card which is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti. I have used the windows 10 display settings, the PROJECT panel and the nvidia control panel to try and extend the screen the same problem occurs every time. I have reinstalled the drivers for the monitors and the card nothing makes a difference what am I doing wrong?

The specs are:
Windows 10 64 bit
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz
32 gb ram
GTX 1070Ti Graphics card
PSU: Corsair CX650 650W bought new 17 April 2020

Are the monitors set to have the same refresh rate? That might help. Also if you choose the slowest rate instead of a fast rate.

Did you try restarting the computer with the monitor extended? That might allow it to choose a stable condition for the taskbar and desktop.

Hi,

have you tried to change the display settings with NVIDIA control panel [1], which allows the change of the individual dissplay resolutions AND timings. A couple of days ago I had serious issues with my second display (DVI), after the latest Windows 10 update. The desktop resolution was higher than the actual signal resolution and everything looked blurry. By changing the timing to DMT everything works like a charm. Also check the optimal refresh rate, e.g. on my SAMSUNG S24A300B the optimal resolution and refresh rate can be determined by its on-sceen menu.

[1] https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/nvidia-control-panel/9nf8h0h7wmlt?activetab=pivot:overviewtab#

BR

Thank you all give me ideas. I have found a solution.;)

Hi,
I have found a solution.
The idea of a public forum is that others gain from the discussions.
Thus it's good habit to tell "your solution".

Klaus

Update my post to include full hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Check the Control Panel choices and options therein.

Status
Not open for further replies.