Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modem power on at boot by software, not button press

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvh17

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have two GSM/GPS modem HATs for Raspberry Pi.

HAT A is one of these: https://www.itead.cc/wireless/gsm-gprs-and-wifi/raspberry-pi-sim800-gsm-gprs-add-on-v2-0.html

HAT B is one of these: **broken link removed**

Using both a Pi model B+ and a Pi Zero, I can successfully power on HAT A at boot by the addition of these commands to /etc/rc.local (the operating system is Raspbian Lite, a Debian-based OS):

Code:
echo 17 > /sys/class/gpio/export
echo out > /sys/class/gpio/gpio17/direction
echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio17/value

HAT B does not power on automatically with these commands, instead I have to turn it on using the power button on the HAT, which is going to be a problem as this unit will be out in the field, unattended.

I've found the schematic for HAT B here: https://www.waveshare.com/w/upload/2/20/GSM-GPRS-GNSS-HAT-Schematic_.pdf.

Looking at the section in the middle at the bottom of the schematic (titled 'RPI GPIO'), it would appear that the power gpio is number 17, and so the code I have in /etc/rc.local should work (but it doesn't) -- have I misunderstood the schematic and should I be referencing another gpio pin? Is it possible that this HAT cannot be switched on at boot by software? I don't know how to read the schematic, and I know nothing about PCBs, microelectronics or microcontrollers.

Can anyone suggest a way of getting HAT B to turn on automatically at boot, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back