Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

modelsim license error!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwq1999

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vlm.exe modelsim

i install modelsim 6.3d in a new machine,and when running lisence wizard, it report all pass, but when i open modelsim, it says that"Licensing error, the system date appears to have been set back. "
but i once installed the modelsim in another machine ,it worked ok!
anyone can give a suggestion to me ? i have reinstalled other versions of modelsim and all give the same result!
i am in a company, and i don't want to reinstall modelsim!
thanks in advance!

modelsim license error

YOU should format the PC and re-install your modelsim if that is a set time back problem. Check you environment variable settings and check the license path .

modelsim license

yes you have problems in your platform. you may need to repair this platform or reinstall it.

modelsim license problem

i change the system time in my pc, and then everything works ok.
i search the net ,and someone says that the files in c:\windows have an incorrect time,and i find them all with a incorrect time,and i change the system time,and the modelsim works ok now. anyway ,thanks for trying to help me.

model tech license path error

may i ask you now how did you fix the time problem in your PC ? as i want to know how can i solve this problem exactly.

modelsim license cost

hi
if ur software is evaluation version so it have some validity period .
so whenever u use modelsim u should back date in setting do this and try.

how to set modelsim mgls register

better change the system timing to after 20 to 25 years then it may work. try it

modelsim license for remote users

i change the system time ,( for example , you examine your system file property,and see the accessed date: 2008.6.20) then you chage your system time to 2008.6.21.
ok , modelsim runs well.

Added after 2 minutes:

'cause the modelsim says "the system date appears to have been set back. ",so just change the system forward, i mean "after the system file time".

system date set backward modelsim

Though you have solved your problem, i would like to share my experience.
I faced the same problem with modelsim 6.1 about six months ago.
After hours of googling I found that The modelsim checks the time stamps of files on your pc (i.e. the date created , modified etc) for license period validation.so if you have files with future dates(later dates than the license period) in their time stamps then Msim will give you this error.
Formatting the pc is the most crude way to get off this(or any) trouble and it is my least preferred way to solve any problem with a system with lots of software installed and personalized.(having a ghost image is also not a viable option for an eda user with softwares in GBs)changing the system time is also not so good option since it might hamper other application (specially those which are in evaluation)
Well this is what i did to get rid of this problem.
I searched my system for all the files with future dates(advance search).
Use any utility to modify the timestamps in bulk mode.(their are many of such utilities available on internet)
It worked for me.

license error with timestamp license is backdated

Yes,even if you uninstall the softerware , there still are many files in your PC, You must search all of them and delete them.

modelsim license delete

copy the following files into win32 directory which is a subdirectory in the Modeltech folder.

1. mgls.dll
2.vlm.exe
3.license.dat
4.modeltech.exe

Now run the license wizard and it should work!

modelsim 6.1 license wizard

Hi all,
Does anybody know how to install modelsim linux on fedora 3?

licensing error in modelsim student version

I've downloaded and installed ModelSIM Student Edition but at the end of the installing stage there is no link to the licensing page, also from main modelSIM page I can find any way to obtain a license... someone know some link to obtain a evaluation license? At now I've just written a e-mail to the support team to know what I've to do.

Thanks
Powermos

Re: license error with timestamp license is backdated

The main point for the modelsim license is that...if it is giving any problem....just remove the license files from the registry of the computer then unnistall the model sim...and then install at fresh...after that NO PROBLEM WILL B THERE 100% guarantee!!!..ENJOY

Status
Not open for further replies.