Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modelling circuit with MAX6952

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob B

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
max6952

As part of a project I need to develop a uC dot matrix display; there needs to be two rows of eight characters (5x7 arrays). Looking at the Maxim website I discovered the MAX6952 SPI display driver and thought that using four of them may reduce uC code and complicated multiplexing (maybe I'm making it more complicated?).

I will need to simulate the circuit (and hopefully the code depending on the simulation package) but I can't find any SPICE model for the MAX6952. I won't have much in the way of simulation to submit if I don't find a model to use.

I have access to Protel DXP 2004, OrCAD 10.5 and Proteus 6 which I would like to use for this if possible as it's quite a friendly program for simulating PICs. There is an extensive Maxim library bundled with Protel but the 6952 isn't there, the 7/8 segment LED driver chips are included though.

max6952 circuit

MAX6952/53 are present and modelled in Proteus V6.9 - due for general beta release 9-NOV-2005

Iain.

Reactions: karu

karu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
max6952 circuit examples

Try checking out **broken link removed**

They have free modeling services. I hope this helps.

karu

I am also trying to build a large 20x50 scrolling led board and am doubtful if i should use the max6952 driver or shift registers/decoders to do the job.

Can someone guide me on this. Schematic showing the driver ic connected would also be really helpful.

(I am using PIC18F4550)

karu

hi everyone, please update on this post if you advanced in your projects. I'm building a scrolling LED matrix display myself but it doesn't look like this is the kind of circuit I need, by reading all the info in the datasheet for max6952 it doesn't look like we get a graphic smooth scrolling of the characters but just a type of display where the characters are just showed but not scrolled through the "screen" as it is usually in this type of displays.

here I found a windows app where you can possibly control one of these chips to demonstrate the capabilities.
**broken link removed**

Mario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back