Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modelling an IC in SEMCAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIE_Snoopy

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
semcad tutorial

Hello!
I'm new in SEMCAD.
Can someone help me with my semcad problem:
I want to modell an integrated circuit (e.g. an amplifier) and to simulate the elektromagnetic field. How should I model the IC?
Should I model it as a block with a resistive sheet with pins and a source? Or should I use the Thevenin theorem (put on every pin a source with a load resistor)?
I heard about IBIS modells, but I can't use IBIS modells in SEMCAD.

thanks for every suggestion.

SEMCAD is a great tool for full 3D EM simulations. For efficient IC simulation you should really consider platforms that provide a complete designflow, from circuit to layout and then automatic EM/circuit simulation of this layout together with the circuit and package models.

Please feel free to check out the following Agilent EEsof links.
- Antenna Modeling Design System product information: http://eesof.tm.agilent.com/products/amds_main.html
- Electromagnetic Design System product information: http://eesof.tm.agilent.com/products/emds_main.html

Erwin De Baetselier
EM Product Manager
Agilent EEsof EDA.

VIE_Snoopy said:
Hello!
I'm new in SEMCAD.
Can someone help me with my semcad problem:
I want to modell an integrated circuit (e.g. an amplifier) and to simulate the elektromagnetic field. How should I model the IC?
Should I model it as a block with a resistive sheet with pins and a source? Or should I use the Thevenin theorem (put on every pin a source with a load resistor)?
I heard about IBIS modells, but I can't use IBIS modells in SEMCAD.

thanks for every suggestion.

Hi,

SEMCAD X has "Circuit/EM Co-Simulation" feature. If you check their manual and tutorial documents, you will find many examples and information about your applications. I suggest you to contact directly with semcad support (semx-support.at.speag.com). I know that they improve their import/export abilities according to user's feedbacks/needs.

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back