Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Model Parameters for Level 49 BSIM3 Version 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

arafatsagar

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
bsim3 parameters

hi,
Basic Model Parameters for Level 49 BSIM3 Version 3.1 MOS Model includes 105 parameters. among them i found the explanation of almost all the parameters excluding the following--
PRDSW
PK2
WKETA
LKETA
PU0
PUA
PUB
PVSAT
PETA0
PKETA

it will be a great help if anyone of you please tell me the meaning of the above mentioned parameters.
i need another help.
i want to calculate the drain to source current from the parameters. but i dont know which equations should be followed to do this. if i use ideal mosfet equations the results differ a lot from the value obtained from hspice simulation. i want the equations to calculate drain to source current within a range of ±5%.
is it possible?
please help me as its a part of my thesis work.
waiting for your valuable reply.
thanking in advance.

bsim3

arafatsagar said:
hi,
Basic Model Parameters for Level 49 BSIM3 Version 3.1 MOS Model includes 105 parameters. among them i found the explanation of almost all the parameters excluding the following--
PRDSW
PK2
WKETA
LKETA
PU0
PUA
PUB
PVSAT
PETA0
PKETA

it will be a great help if anyone of you please tell me the meaning of the above mentioned parameters.
i need another help.
i want to calculate the drain to source current from the parameters. but i dont know which equations should be followed to do this. if i use ideal mosfet equations the results differ a lot from the value obtained from hspice simulation. i want the equations to calculate drain to source current within a range of ±5%.
is it possible?
please help me as its a part of my thesis work.
waiting for your valuable reply.
thanking in advance.

you can extract the parameters from your simulation result, then you might get ±5% variation.

Anyway, what you can achieve in the simulation might not be shown in real silicon when you are simulation stuff without a closed loop control.

bsim 3.1 model

thanks for the reply.
but the simulation result doesn't give me the way of calculation. it just sends me the output. i want to know how it calculates the drain to source currents. i need the equations which hspice uses to calculate the values. i need to know how hspice uses the parameters in its equations.
please send your valuable feedback.
another question-
how accurately hspice or cadence calculates the values of drain to source currents?

bsim3 model

arafatsagar said:
thanks for the reply.
but the simulation result doesn't give me the way of calculation. it just sends me the output. i want to know how it calculates the drain to source currents. i need the equations which hspice uses to calculate the values. i need to know how hspice uses the parameters in its equations.
please send your valuable feedback.
another question-
how accurately hspice or cadence calculates the values of drain to source currents?

Hi, the accuracy is determined by the spice model of the transistors, not the simulator. If you want the empircal formula of the mos model, take a look to the documentation of BSIM3, which should be available in hspice, spectre, or UC Berkeley. In my opinion, the BSim3 model is tool complicated for human's brain processing.

I recently got my chip back from 0.18um technology. My device is 20um/2um. At vgs=1V, and vds=1V, the simulated ids is 97uA. The measured ids is just 80uA ± 2uA in 10 chips.

We seldom reply on absolute measurement in analog circuit, especially something have no feedback control. Instead, we design analog circuit based on relative measurements, eg closed loop gain of opamp depends on ratio of passive components.

bsim3 model parameters

wpchan05 said:
Hi, the accuracy is determined by the spice model of the transistors, not the simulator. If you want the empircal formula of the mos model, take a look to the documentation of BSIM3, which should be available in hspice, spectre, or UC Berkeley. In my opinion, the BSim3 model is tool complicated for human's brain processing.
Very true! See also p. 335 (internal 4-5) of the PSpice Ref. Manual attached below ("Changing the Device Equations"). It also includes the a.m. UC Berkeley address.

spice model parameter level49

**broken link removed**

See pg174 for bsim3 model reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back