Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

model non idealities in a transconductor

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MohEllayali

Hello,

I needed some help to model the non idealities in a transconductor

**broken link removed**

as shown in the picture, the current provided by the transcvonductor has an effective zero, a fraction of the ideal current is lost, so I was thinking of putting an inductance between the output and the ground, which will drive a current jL(omega), but this current needs also to be proportional to the input voltage , but I can't figure out how can I model this dependance with simple passive component,

to simulate I use spectre under analog environememt , cadence

thank you

Are you sure that there is a zero?
What is the reason for it ? Did you design the unit by yourself?

Hi LvW

Yes there is a zero, it comes from lenghthy calculations, where we replace the transistors by their non quasi static model which is suitable for very high frequencies.
you can refer to bram nauta thesis if you want more calculations details. I have a scanned copy if you want .

regarding the probleme I solved it, in a nasty way but solved it anyway,
here is my schematic

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.