Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Non-inverting level shifter LTSPICE

sabu31

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

I am trying to implement a non-inverting level shifter using transistor in LTSPICE. I used the configuration given in
https://electronics.stackexchange.c...stor-as-a-switch-without-inverting-the-signal.

However when i implement. I get the output signal value Vout) same as that of input. What could be the issue.

1686836562128.png

Attachments

• Non-Inverting-Switch-transistor.rar
    454 bytes · Views: 61
The "active" phase is the emitter, low. Then you get a Vce(sat)
across the NPN and should see 5V-ish across the load R2.
With B and E at 3.3V device is off and output is high (5V).

Hi,

The schematic is hard to read, because standard has GND down, and power supply up. So I need to make a handstand to see it correctly ;-)

From my understanding the circuit should correctly translate 3.3V to 5.0V.

Didn´t check your attached file.

Klaus

Your circuit operates the NPN in common-base mode. By changing voltage at the emitter, it changes base-to-emitter voltage relationship, thus changing current level through base-emitter (and the degree to which the transistor turns On or Off).

Your signal must be low impedance, in the sense that it has to provide a path to ground when it is low. By doing that it pulls the collector leg (namely V_out) to zero V.

When your signal is high, it makes emitter voltage same as base voltage, and allows supply voltage (5V) to appear at V_out.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: