Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mobile battery charging points with charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajaram04

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

Is it possible to connect the charger points to the battery directly when the points of the same battery are connected to mobile input connectors inside ?

Is the idea applicable or totally a silly thing i am trying & ll destroy mobile circuitry or battery etc ?

is there any technique or circuitry there to do this ?

please comment . . thanks

Yes, you will destroy the battery and it might explode or catch on fire.
Modern cell phones use a Lithium battery. Lithium is a very powerful, volatile metal and a Lithium battery must be charged properly by a good battery charger circuit designed for the battery.

Your "charger" is not a charger, the Lithium battery charger circuit is inside the phone. Your "charger" is actually a 5V power supply that feeds the charger circuit. 5V connected directly to the battery will cause it to explode.

You can buy a Lithium battery charger IC and program it to match the spec's of the battery.

Yes, you will destroy the battery and it might explode or catch on fire.
Modern cell phones use a Lithium battery. Lithium is a very powerful, volatile metal and a Lithium battery must be charged properly by a good battery charger circuit designed for the battery.

Your "charger" is not a charger, the Lithium battery charger circuit is inside the phone. Your "charger" is actually a 5V power supply that feeds the charger circuit. 5V connected directly to the battery will cause it to explode.

You can buy a Lithium battery charger IC and program it to match the spec's of the battery.

ya ya exactly that was my point that where could i get this circuit & how to program ?
& too sometimes i find people using an external cheap rate chine made charger for all type of batteries & they take the battery out of phone & connect it to that cahrger for charging
So i want to ask that is that type of design ok for charging purpose ?

and what if i connect the carger points to the battry points when it is loaded in battery case of cell phone ??
Is there any damage to the internal circuitry of cellphone in that case ? or no effect ?

What the minimum power requirement for charging the battery , i mean voltage current etc for a proper lithium 3.7v battery in general ?

If you try to charge the battery yourself while it is still connected in the phone then you might damage the battery and the phone.

A rechargeable Lithium battery cell is 4.2V when fully charged and when its charging current has automatically dropped to a low amount. Then it MUST be disconnected from the charger circuit. It is 3.2V when its load MUST be disconnected. Then its average voltage during a discharge is 3.7V. Some newer Lithium battery cells (Lithium-ferrous something) have a little less voltage. A Lithium battery cell has a maximum and recommended charging current stated by its manufacturer.
You can learn about charging a Lithium battery cell yourself at www.batteryuniversity.com and on datasheets of battery charger ICs from semiconductor manufacturers.

If you try to charge the battery yourself while it is still connected in the phone then you might damage the battery and the phone.

A rechargeable Lithium battery cell is 4.2V when fully charged and when its charging current has automatically dropped to a low amount. Then it MUST be disconnected from the charger circuit. It is 3.2V when its load MUST be disconnected. Then its average voltage during a discharge is 3.7V. Some newer Lithium battery cells (Lithium-ferrous something) have a little less voltage. A Lithium battery cell has a maximum and recommended charging current stated by its manufacturer.
You can learn about charging a Lithium battery cell yourself at www.batteryuniversity.com and on datasheets of battery charger ICs from semiconductor manufacturers.

ya again a gr8 info here , :) ok thax i ll go thru this big chapter from the link

For now please check the link below , should i purchase the item here ?

**broken link removed**

Yes, you are in a different world than mine.
I would never risk burning down my home by buying a cheap Chinese no-name-brand battery charger product from ebay who know nothing about electronics. Instead I would by a product made by a trustworthy manufacturer over here and sold by a dependable electronic parts distributor like Digikey.

I would never risk burning down my home by buying a cheap Chinese no-name-brand battery charger product from ebay who know nothing about electronics. Instead I would by a product made by a trustworthy manufacturer over here and sold by a dependable electronic parts distributor like Digikey.

yeah i had a doubt as i never made any deal with them
someone told me about this when i asked him about sites

- - - Updated - - -

well on basis of digikey standards a link is here on basis of technical support

http://www.digikey.com/product-deta...1CMX-3.3-NOPB/LP2951CMX-3.3-NOPBCT-ND/3527106

please check about the IC for a proper charging ciruit

depending upon these links below

http://www.circuitdiagram.org/li-ion-battery-charger-circuit.html

http://powersupply33.com/charger-for-li-ion-battery-based-lp2951.html

from this main page (they provide first)

http://www.google.co.in/search?q=li...YHyvASy1YaIAw#gws_rd=cr&imgrc=X-cekcBiUQnRHM:

You are not supposed to use a simple voltage regulator to charge a Li-Ion battery cell because it does not detect a full charge then disconnect so it overcharges which is bad. The circuits say "overnight" but what about charging a little battery too long? What about charging a big battery not long enough? What if you have a battery and you do not know how much charge it already has?

But I do it. I found a portable vacuum cleaner that was thrown away because its 5V Ni-Cad battery failed. I replaced its battery with two 18650 Li-ion battery cells from an old laptop computer and I charge them overnight with an LM317 voltage regulator.

You are not supposed to use a simple voltage regulator to charge a Li-Ion battery cell because it does not detect a full charge then disconnect so it overcharges which is bad. The circuits say "overnight" but what about charging a little battery too long? What about charging a big battery not long enough? What if you have a battery and you do not know how much charge it already has?

But I do it. I found a portable vacuum cleaner that was thrown away because its 5V Ni-Cad battery failed. I replaced its battery with two 18650 Li-ion battery cells from an old laptop computer and I charge them overnight with an LM317 voltage regulator.

hmm i see , then its optionless & i need to apply the output of my designed charger to the charging point of a cell phone with it's related charging pin .
Actually i was about to design a wireless charger for a very simple & cheap cellphone but seems complicated to connect it internally now as its a matter of micro designings . . thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back