Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MMA8451Q Accelerometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigar 4 Electronics

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am trying to interface MMA8451Q Accelerometer with My stellaris launchpad LM4F120H5QR, it uses I2C interfacing.

My code is correct because it works with the other sensor which uses the I2C interfacing.
But that same code is not working with MMa8451Q.

Is there anyone who has an experience to work with MMA8451Q ??
(**broken link removed**)

If yes then please suggest me some steps about how to communicate with it successfully.

I've posted the same problem on the website of TI also.. still the problem is unsolved... any experience/suggestion will help me.

https://e2e.ti.com/support/microcontr...aspx?pi74263=2

Thanks for your time.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I am very near to get the solution.

I've refer the datasheet one more time.

Here is the what specs. for SCL the datasheet is indicating :

**broken link removed**

My mistake was - I was trying it with 100kHz and 400kHz with 4.7k pull up.

In my accelerometer board schematic (shown below) it has shown that Cb (Bypass capacitor) is not there! (AM I WRONG while saying this?)

**broken link removed**

Pin 2 : has a Bypass capacitor of 0.1uF but is it my Cb ???

Cb is a Total capacitance of one bus line in pF which could be 20pF, 40pF or 400pF.

So now I need some experienced suggestion that what capacitor I should connect where & which SCL frequency I should use?

For datasheet of MMA8451Q, you can have it from here : https://www.nex-robotics.com/images/downloads/MMA8451Q.pdf

PLEASE help me out with this.

Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.