Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Minimum Bondwire inductance value

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlgr

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!
Does anybody could tell what is a practical minimum value for the bondwire inductance?
i'm working at 2.4 GHz and 90 nm technology.
thanks

PS: if you know typical pad capacitance value will be also very helpfull ;)

As a rule of thumb, 0.8nH/mm is pretty well approximation for bond-wires.
However, this inductance value is quite variable with neighbor bond-wires due to mutual couplings that is dependent on package,die-pad,sequencing etc.
Therefore, the package which is in your application should be simulated in a 3D EM simulator and a SPICE model should be obtained for a more accurate result.

thats right, but I mean a minimum total value.
the question could also be, for using the inductance/long data, how short could the bond wire be fabricated? (a practical value)

why do I wanna know this?
I'm designing a CS LNA, I have a lot of posible designs (from theoretical-simulation methodology) and I want to discard those with non practical values for passive elements, in this case inductors.

Nobody say something without information about your package level...
They can be 0.3mm or 2mm.. or something else..
You should also know about package height,die-pad thickness, bonding bending etc.
So, it's not so easy to say "that is it"..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back