Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Military SATA connector ? => shock/vibration proof

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebg

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am developing a new avionics storage equipment which use a sata connection and a SSD. The SSD can be simply remove to transfer data on a computer.
I only found standard SATA connectors with discontinuities up to 1µs. 1µs for sataII-3gbit/s is just huge.
(Serial ATA Host Receptacles 1.27mm (.05") pitch - Molex).
I wonder if SATA industrial/military connectors exist?

Currently my only alternative is to solder a military connector directly on the SSD.
But keeping impedance matching and avoiding electromagnetic interference by using non-sata connectors & soldering at 3gbit/s is not easy I think. Moreover SSD would have to be modified and an additional military connector<->SATA adapters would be needed. Not a very plug & play solution...

thanks for helping !

Best regards.

My friend military we speak about most advanced (Western military expecially navy), dont use this on that way, memory chips are direct soldered on mainboard. That mainboard you dont have to buy in market that is non commercial mainboard, all is integrated on it. Speed increased, timeout and access time decreased, needed space also decreased,
EMI special shield protection,........

SSD chips from market shop not the same for ....... navy and other military forces, thise chips have special body case as EMI shield protection,...

There is a lots of slots for extended cards for additional expansions. All of this parts are dedicated and manufactured specially for military (not in china).

;-)

Last edited:

Have a look at COTS.
As for the SATA connector, I dont know of any specific mil ones, what we do in these instances is use a latched connector and do full vibration and balistic shock test, to test standard connector, if it passes we will use it.
As to millitary chips, standard commercial extended temp range are used these days, custome ceramic mil chips are a thing of the past these days.

One of my cousin is master in such new inventions. he is also working with some scientific projects and i am sure he will solve your problem. I will send this link to him so that whenever he reads he will reply to that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back