Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronic Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Register Log in

Looking for this 8-pin connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Build-A-Burger

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Here's a connector for some seat motors under a seat I'm retrofitting into an older vehicle. I don't know what the seats came out of. Can anyone ID this for me so I can order another male connector? (sorry if this is the wrong section)

Attachments

Zak28

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Here's a connector...
What you need is the manual to the particular vehicle and the connector. In vehicles those "connectors" are called harnesses and each car has unique types and amounts of them. The only way to get them is either order replacement or a junkyard scavenge. You may try to model and 3d print it too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cable_harness

Be warned there many harnesses in vehicle and some might be hard to find since they might look similar to others.

KlausST

Super Moderator
Staff member
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

One of the most important parameter with connectors is the pitch.

Klaus

BradtheRad

Super Moderator
Staff member
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Connectors like that are common in vehicles but it's not likely you'll find an exact match. The variations are so numerous, as to spacing, diameter, plastic surrounds, interlocks, etc.

The quickest path is probably for you to buy a new pair (male & female). An auto parts store is a likely source.
Clip off the old connector. Solder on the wires. You would have to do some soldering in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor