Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mifare RFID reader help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugen_E

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mifare commands

Hello,

I need to design an Mifare/ISO14443 RFID reader for the Mifare S50 cards. I use an MFRC53101 IC and ATmega8 microcontroller, connected to PC via RS232.
So far I wrote and tested the C code (on uC) for initializing the MFRC53101, reading and writing registers and FIFO buffer, and a few commands.
The question is how to read and write a new S50 card, in the simplest way, to test the commands. I must use authentification for every access to the card, and if so what keys to use for a blanc card? If you know a tutorial or an example program, it would be very helpful. It should be something very simple, just to test the capabilities of the card and reader. I've seen the open pcd program at www.openpcd.org ,and it seems too complex for a beginner.

mifare command set

I need help for Mifare - ISO14443A reader, not other types.

mifare command

Read carefully the datasheet and ISO14443A , and also there is a C library for mrfc5xx devices in nxp website

Eugen_E

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
mifare documentation

As I remember it was all Fs in hex.
There is a good forum for RFID
http://www.rfid-handbook.com/forum/index.php
You can get more details about your RFID project
Hope this helps
It's my pleasure to keep in contact with you as I'll start in the same project after some period

mfrc500 source code

Thanks for your reply.
So far I succeded to detect (unsing the REQA command), select and authentificate the card.
Now I need some help for writing and reading a sector.

mifare rfid reader

You can fond article, schematic elektor magazine september 2006.
source code in elektor web site in RFID page

Eugen_E

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
mfrc500 source

i need a code for mfrc500 in c

mifare 1k tutorial

ssss959 said:
i need a code for mfrc500 in c
freely available from NXP:
**broken link removed**

c code read mifare card

i too have that code
i want other then that

tutorial mifare

code source MFRC500

mifare reqa command

This link and sources are useless. Source lacks the most imporant part of application: use of library. Documentation for mcf500 is really bad (close to none). I wonder how this guy managed to get circuit cellar award for incomplete project. Documentation for the project itself is not so great. It doesn't explain mifare at all!

Anyway, this board has several uploaded documents about mifare. All can be downloaded from nxp site so save your DL and BW. But none of those documents show the bare protocol information. The only useful document I found is Ultralight product specification:

**broken link removed**

Some part of this document can be used for other Mifare Classic cards. This document has (partial) command set description including timing information. Now the question is why there is no such document for Mifare 1K or Mifare 4K.

Hi,

has anybody a simple code for writing data to 14443A tag via TRF7960 reader/writer.
I have some demo software from TI, but for 14443A it provides only anticollision and select functionality :(
Also instead of 0044 ATQA I'm receiving 0400 and 08

80T40E(0400)80T40E[08]

Any idea what it means ?

Please help.

What kind of tag are you using?
if you are using a mifare classic 1k tag after REQA you should get 00 04 and after the select command would be great to get a 0x08. So should be fine.

Im looking for set up a RFID reader with the TRF7960 for Mifare 1k cards but i didn't found so much about it...

I've already set the tag in ACTIVE state after sending REQA, anticollision cascade level 1 to get the UID and then the select command to select the correct Tag.

Now im looking for authenticate to one sector.

Anybody can help me? ;-)

Thanks!

check put this link
**broken link removed**

they have also given an article for basic understanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back