Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microwave filter / resonator

Status
Not open for further replies.

kezambo

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
filter resonator

Any idea that can help me to design a microwave filter or resonator circuit that can block odd harmonics frequencies and pass even harmonics frequencies?

If you don't mind blocking the fundamental frequency, just use a shunt open circuited stub whose length is λ/2 at 2*Fin

actually the circuit that I want is, it will become 50ohm for fundamental frequency, it open for odd harmonics freq and short for even harmonics freq.

Well you might need a better description of what you really are asked to do.

What is your Frequency Fo ?

Do you have any size constraints on the filter?

What is the band width of your channel ?
(Fo =ΔxMHz, --> 2*Fo = 2*ΔxMHz; n*Fo = n*ΔxMHz)

What is your max allowable Insertion loss ?

Topic is interesting,
For a filter with lambda/4 resonators normally pass the odd harmonics and suppress the even harmonics.
but the requirement is reverse here.

Is my understanding is correct?

if so here is the solution.
just have a simple transmission line between the source and load. one end of filter (which can pass the odd harmonics) connect to this transmission line and other end of filter just terminate with matched load.

Now send the even and odd harmonics through the transmission line. filter will absorbe the odd harmonics and gets terminated in matched load and you will get even harmonics at the load that are rejected by the filter.

I want to design a microstrip filter/resonator at 2.4GHz.
Load only accept fundamental freq.
The resonator will act as an open circuit for all the odd harmonics freq.
For all even harmonics, the resonator will act as a short circuit (0ohm).
I am prefer to use microstrip line.

Now the specifications are inverse.
Just place the filter between source and load there is no transmission line between source and load this time.

Hi All

I am designing and implementing a low loss microstrip BPF with 2%passband, insertion loss 1.5db, group delay less than 2.5ns and stopbands below 2200MHz & above 2700MHz.
Does anyone know of good software packages to use other than Microwave office (inclusive of "getting started" tutorials)?
Also i've found that there are so many configurations (combline, interdigital, hairpin etc), how does one go about to choose a configuration at the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back