Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microwave communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alice23

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, may I know how to convert the composite low pass filter into microstrip line, how to calculate the length of inductive and capacitive line and also the width?? Any formula must use on it or any links can help me on it??? thanks.:roll:

It looks like you never tried to work in RF. Please find a good textbook on RF techniques, learn about the Smith chart, and how to adjust microstrip width on a substrate to get a wanted impedance.
There are many formulas but the experience only can make you a master

Yes , Im new in RF, because I m a final year student, so this microwave communication id new for me , as i learn on microwave book i m only know that chebyshev filter can convert t microstrrip line, but for composite filtre, i m still cant find it yet,, izzit the concept still the same or how? please guide? thanks

Yes , Im new in RF, because I m a final year student, so this microwave communication id new for me , as i learn on microwave book i m only know that chebyshev filter can convert t microstrrip line, but for composite filtre, i m still cant find it yet,, izzit the concept still the same or how? please guide? thanks

Any filter can be realized in LC, coaxial or microstrip line or a waveguide. THe best book on microwave filters is Matthaei, Young, Jones: Microwave filters and coupling structures.

Hi,
Can you post your schematic of composite filter?

In the book "microstrip filters for rf and microwave application", you can find some analytical formula between the L/C values and microstrip physical sizes, and the formula for the compensation due the discontinuities. But at higher frequencies, optimization may be needed.

Hi Alice,
You can directly design microstrip filter for the same cutoff.

Now using AWR to design micorstrip LPF is very easy. just set the optimize goal, and select topology, then computer can do every thing for you. No need from LC any more.

plz tell me about the step of the smithchart result in cst studio suit in 2011

how? can u give some guide? or such as example?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi.. Narayanan..how i post to u , or u have email, can send me email address, i will email soon? can? thanks.

Hi Alice,
Just copy and paste your schematic in the thread itself.

how? can u give some guide? or such as example?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi.. Narayanan..how i post to u , or u have email, can send me email address, i will email soon? can? thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back