Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microstrip Filter Design Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

selva500

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
microstrip low pass filter design

Hi there,

I'm meant to be designing a microstrip filter (bandpass type, center freq =2.205GHz) for my final year engineering project. Im wondering if there is any software that will help me acheive this? I was looking at Parfil as im on a very small budget and cant afford to pay much for the software. Would anyone be able to help me out? Maybe upload a copy of Parfil or something similar if possible. Thanks very much.

PS: If there isnt a software available that i could use, could someone guide me on the best way to design a microstrip filter manually. Also what would be a reasonable pass bandwidth i could expect out of it. Ideally i would like to have the pass bandwidth of 1MHz but ive done some calculations and the size of the filters that i end up with are massive.

Hello selva,

Try Nuhertz Filter Solutions product, they have free version with limited capabilities...
Also may be the Filter lite is cheaper & helps you to complete your project...

**broken link removed**

ftp://ftp.nuhertz.com/filter/FF5_3_6.exe

---manju---

Many thanks. I'll check it out. Any other suggestions anyone?

i think ansoft designer student version is free to download!
here the link
**broken link removed**
you mast login befor download!

Hi,

1) You should design a low pass filter
2) Then transform it to band pass filter
3) Use kuroda and richards identities to do microstrip design
4) Use student version of ansoft designer to do electromagnetic simulation

Also, decide upon what substrate you want to use for the design. height of the substrate and dielectric constant. You can use that data to calculate the width of the microstrip. I haven't done calculations for it. But I can say it won't be that difficult to do it.

Hi,
Im using CST uW s*tdio for simulation.

Also you can try with hfss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back