Not open for further replies.

Weepet

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm currently trying to design an LC resonator made of a interdigital microstrip capacitor and a S-shape microstrip inductor. My goal is to have a 200 MHz resonant frequency and a high q factor.

Since I'm new to ADS I still do not know every little tricks or things of that software. While I was looking for information on that on Google I found an old edaboard thread on Interdigital Capacitor design using ADS (https://www.edaboard.com/threads/88040/) which is right what I wanted ! It's an already done microstrip smart capacitor and I'm suppose to be able to set a specific capacitance value and it will automatically define new length, width, number of finger, etc. to get that wanted value. Now I'm looking for the same thing but for a S-Shape inductance, there is some spiral microstrip and scared ring inductance in the same library (Passive Circuit DG - RLC) but this is not what I want, I need a S-Shape inductance (a simple wire going like the shape below

_____|
|_____
_____|
|_____
_____|
|

I would like to be able to create that smart component or find it already done somewhere on the internet or in an other library.

So with those 2 components I will be able to optimize the circuit to get a nice 200MHz LC microstrip resonator.

Anyone has some ideas on this ?

Thank you !

Weepet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…