Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller with multi client communication protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Wires

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
microcontroller communication protocol

Hi,
I am looking for a microcontroller which already has an implementation for multiple client communication.
I have an serial communication bus (powerline with ST737HS1) and I want to attach some clients to it. Then I want to ask clients for data and send control data.
Which microcontroller has such an implementation and where to get some infos?
Thanks

snap protocol 485

Hi

I think you can use any microcontroller and rs 485 or rs 422 (full duplex)

communication protocol in a master - slave configuration.

this type pf connection allow you to connect 1 master and many slave's

best

bobi

bascom-8051 modbus

bobcat1,

RS485 and RS422 are not a communication protocols. These are only specifications for the link layer of communication protocol.

2Wires,

Try a search for "CAN+microcontroller" in google.

multiple client communication

you can use modbus protocol on rs485 physical layer.It can support up to 247 slaves.(one master).

multi microcontroller communication mcs51

Hi,

8051 UART port can provide multi-client communication function.

+snap +protocol +implementation

Hi,
thank you all for your suggestions.
Finally I took a ATmega and implemented my own protocol. So I don't have too much overhead bytes and I just use what I need.
thx and cya

abstract on multi client communication

Hi

If you still want to have a look how I did "one Master/multiple Slaves" with a 80C535 you can check my homepage and look for the BenBus. Based on RS485 with a homemade protocol. Written in Bascom-8051.

Have fun
Ben Zijlstra
**broken link removed**

what is meant by multi client communication

I have used this PLM in the past. You can implement SNAP protocol to communicate the devices. In my case I used a HDLC implementation. Here I have attached a document about SNAP. Regards.

Attachment deleted !!! Look below ... /mikasi

Status
Not open for further replies.