Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microcontroller in GPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsMeKing

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what kind of GPS should i use in micro controller named 2 channel DC motor driver,.

URGENTLY NEEDING YOUR HELP~ :sad:

The name of my MCU is 2 channel DC motor driver with speed control

is it the name of the controller or project... you should learn to ask your doubt properly......

tell what is your project? what you want to do? which controller you wish to use? what you have done till now? where are you struck?
and what help you need from us..

sorry for the attitude, heres the problem, I need to build a whole new program in my ZILOG micro controller, i used "2 DC motor driver with speed control" and also, I want to use GPS for the display, here is the idea, I need to build a program that will automatically moves when I press the number 1 on the keypad my prototype will move in the specific place that is equivalent of number 1 on the keypad, and the display using the tracking system of GPS, (i.e. 1=CR, when I press the number 1 on my prototype model it will go to CR automatically).
I don't know what kind of GPS I will use, and I don't know how to create a program for my MCU
PLEASEEEEEEEEEE HELP ME IN MY THESIS,. it is so hard for a novice like me to build a such great program using ZILOG.
thanks

if you want to build the project for demo then it may not work out as the latitude and longitude changes for a very big distance. the vehicle will not go that much distance.. and GPS value will not change for less distance... and more over how will you compare the longitude and latitude value and auto correct the vehicle... its theoritically ok , but implementation for a demo model or thesis is not worth....

Hello!

if you want to build the project for demo then it may not work out as the latitude and longitude changes for a very big distance. the vehicle will not go that much distance.. and GPS value will not change for less distance... and more over how will you compare the longitude and latitude value and auto correct the vehicle... its theoritically ok , but implementation for a demo model or thesis is not worth….

As for my experience, a GPS module gives you the latitude and longitude
with a precision of 0.0001 minute which corresponds to 20 cm (depends
where you are, but say at the equator). On top of that, the accuracy
is said to be a few meters, but I think it is the absolute accuracy. As for
the relative accuracy, if you stay at a given position, only the last digit
changes by +/1 1 unit, which makes anyway a precision of less than half
a meter. It is therefore possible to tell such a robot "move 5 m to the north".
and that would be a good demo. You can add decent noise filters to smooth
the last digit.

Back to the project: I don't understand "I want to use GPS for the display".
What does this mean?
Basically you want your system to be guided by GPS to go to a specific
(prerecorded) position?
Another question: why Z80? I don't remember the detail, but you have
almost no internal memory, the multiplier is only 8 bits, the clock speed
is low, and I wonder if anybody provides a decent development environment
these days. Well, it's 30-year old technology from Pa or grand-Pa.
There are myriads of microcontrollers that would do the job better.
If you could suggest your thesis professer to move to another more recent
device…

Dora.

Sir, thank you for the informations you have given.

first of all sir, I will only use GPS system for displaying the information on the interface of the GPS while my prototype moves, and this will serve as the guide of the user(I know there is a kind of GPS module that has the capability to display the information on the interface itself, but i don't know what is the specific type or model of that GPS).

second, i want to create a program that will lead my prototype model to a specific location.(e.g on the hospital first floor plan, keypad number 1=Operating Room, so when i press the number 1 on the keypad the prototype will go automatically in the Operating Room)It will be implemented on a specific floor plan only, so the range and the distance will only be base on the mini map or the floor plan.

The MCU I used is "2 channel DC motor driver with speed control" it is a DIY kit and I think it is Zilog (z integrated logic) but I am not sure if it is Z80, anyways, the problem is I don't have any background about programming Zilog.

""

The materials I used:
2 channel dc motor driver with speed control
Two dc motors
Three proximity sensors
keypad for the navigation keys,
casing for the body of the prototype and battery for the power supply

(I don't have the GPS yet, cause I don't know what kind or model is the best to use in this thesis project, any suggestion pleeeease)

ANYONE PLEEEEEASE HELP ME I'M BEGGING YOU,. :sad:

suggestions, ideas, sample programs, tutorials, any kind of source please lend me some,.

THANK YOU AND *** BLESS

hi..
can u help me with my problem regarding PWM in zilog here's are the scenarios:
1. A user inputs numeric combinations using the keypad. Any 10-digit combination is
possible however numbers from “00” – “99” are the only acceptable inputs. Scrolling
is also done here.

2. If the inputs are between “00” – “99”, this becomes a valid duty cycle input to your
PWM. Set the direction of the motor to a clockwise rotation and observe the speed.
Study the datasheet of the L298 motor driver.

3. Extend this machine problem such the given a valid duty cycle input to the PWM, the
motor will have a soft-stop, i.e. continuously and slowly coming to a stop. You may
decrement your PWM by 1% until it reaches 0%. You may want to experiment on
how long the interval between this duty cycle transition.

4. Extend this machine problem such the given a valid duty cycle input to the PWM, the
motor will have a soft-start, i.e. continuously and slowly rising until the desired duty
cycle is achieved.. You may increment your PWM by 1% until it reaches input. You
may want to experiment on how long the interval between this duty cycle transition.

5. Now combine parts (3) and (4) with the twist that during soft-start, the motor rotates
in a clockwise direction and during soft-stop, the motor rotates in a counter-clockwise
direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.