Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] MIcrocontroller having 5 UART

Status
Not open for further replies.

parthasarthimalani

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to use a microcontroller having 5 UART and 50 GPIO.
Can anybody suggest me which controller should I use?

I particularly don't know any option available of any manufacturer with such an amount of identical resources. Have you considered using a soft core?

Does it have to be in DIP package?

Many options exist.
Do you have a manufacturer preference?

Thanks for kind reply

Package is not important.
Peripherals is a important prospectus for me.

I think, DIP packages was actual 20 year ago. Now you have to buy devboard if you wish to play with that first.

No manufacturer preference.
But controller should be cheap in cost

You can go for PSoC (FreeSoC development environment). You can add 5 or more UARTs to it and write the code in C language.

You can go for PSoC (FreeSoC development environment). You can add 5 or more UARTs to it and write the code in C language.

Interestng to hear that, due that in the occasion when I used this core (the top of PSoC®3), the amount of digital blocs available were not enough to build more than 4 UARTs ( 3 full-duplex + 1 half-duplex, if I remember correctly ), but actually this were long time ago.

No such thing as a ARM Cortex M4 kernel - perhaps you meant core?

Sorry, yes I meant core. The main thing however was the 6 UARTs, if you can see past the brainfart.

Status
Not open for further replies.